Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A strange epidemic



I was talking to a friend of mine and we've discovered a strange new epidemic - women coming to the gym in full makeup. Not just a little, a lot - like from 20 ft away you would say, wow that is a lot of makeup. I have seen this full makeup at the gym at 9 am and at 6 pm. Here is what we have witnessed: way too much blush, bronzer, blue - yes, seriously - blue eyeshadow and red lipstick. Red, shiny, glossy, lipstick. Did I mentioned these are young women in their 30s?

What is the deal? Why? I just don't get it. I mean I get coming from work, you have some make up on, but don't touch up makeup before you enter the gym. The woman at my gym is young and married so she is not trying to pick up anyone . And, the full makeup won't work. I picked up my gym boyfriend with very little make up on and my hair pulled back in a headband. Story to come at a later time...

Ladies, knock it off. We are at the gym "working on our fitness" and to show off our cute work out clothes and shoes! Not to show off our blush or red lipstick. Ugh, it just is going to make me stare at you and give you the stink eye and my friend and I can give really good stink eyes!

2 comments:

My Flock Rocks! said...

How come you are so critical of people? I wouldn't even take out my garbage without sporting some lipstick or makeup let alone going out in public!

Boss Lady said...

As I mentioned...I enjoy commenting about people. I am not perfect but I find it necessary to point out problems in Ptown and try to make them better.