Sunday, January 6, 2008

Christmas 2008 - Tree Lighting Tip

Tear, taking down my Christmas stuff today. I love, love, love Christmas. I love searching for the perfect gift, the food, putting up my tree and my super cutey ornaments gathered from the old Post and Pillar, the annual Agatucci's pizza party, and yes, wrapping gifts.

This past year, we went to a Christmas open house and the lighting on their tree was amazing. Here's what he did - instead of just wrapping the lights around the edge of the tree, buy double the lights and on each layer of the tree weave the lights in and out, like a zig zag pattern as you move around the tree. Thus, the tree has this incredible depth and just looks amazing.

So sad as I am to see Xmas go, I am already looking forward to next year and my superbly lit tree. Maybe I'll even share my Pumpkin Pie Martini recipe with you to to make it an even merrier time...

4 comments:

The Chocolate Princess said...

Welcome to thw central Illinois blogging world, Peoria Fashionista! hope you will take a chance to visit my blog.
The WMBD Blog

My Flock Rocks! said...

I'd like to know more about weaving the lights...you mean from the tip of the branch to the trunk and so on?
Welcome to blogosphere! I love fashion and food so I'll be checking back often!

Boss Lady said...

Thanks for the welcome to the blogging world.

Yep, weave the lights from the tips of the branch in towards the trunk then back out to the tips. I should have a gotten a pic...next year!

Peoria Peepers said...

We have a pumpkin pie martini recipe, too. It's sooooo good!!