Thursday, January 10, 2008

Almost cocktail time...


Friday is almost here and I am ready for a cocktail. I thought I would share my favorite - a cosmopolitan made with Grey Goose Orange. Second favorite, Absolut Mandarin with cranberry juice and a splash of club soda. I love orange vodka.

Best cosmos in town - Seven. At Seven, located in Peoria Heights on Prospect, I get their cosmo and don't ask for orange vodka, just go with the bartender's recipe. He shakes it for so long and you get the perfect little ice crystals and it is the perfect balance of vodka and cranberry. Some places use way too much juice and I need my vodka! Picture above is an example of way too much cranberry, not enough booze.

Second best cosmos - Jonah's oyster bar. But if you go to Jonah's try their Raspberry Martini - made with fresh raspberry juice. They are not very strong but delicious. And there is a super cute bartender there too! Eye candy and martinis = wonderful night!

1 comment:

Kim Wells said...

I have to say be careful of Jonah's Oyster Bar espresso martini's . . .they sneak up on you! They are yummy, you keep ordering and boom, it breaks bad!

Great blog, keep up the great work!