Friday, August 8, 2008

Summer of Sangria

I've made summer 2008 the summer of sangria. I've tried a few recipes and here is one of my favs for white sangria. Still could use a little work but summer is not over yet so I'll keep trying. It worked very well being sipped by the pool. Plus, you can eat the fruit & according to me and my friends, yes, that counts as one serving of fruit for the day!

1 bottle white roja wine (found it at Friar Tucks)
4 oz brandy
4 oz peach schnapps
1/4 cup powdered sugar or superfine sugar
1 each - lemon, orange, pear, peach (peeled)
sparkling water

Slice up fruit, place in pitcher and add sugar, schnapps & brandy. Stir & macerate a bit to get juices flowing. Add wine. Refrigerate for several hours. Add sparkling water to your taste and serve with a few ice cubes.

If don't feel like making for yourself, I heard One World on University & Main makes a wonderful one but I believe it is a red sangria. Sounds perfect for the fall!

No comments: