Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Manners are dead

It frustrates me to no end. Is it that hard to be polite and try to show a little class through basic manners? I was at Beerfest this weekend and it reinforced this point...I know, shocking.

First of all, I pulled into the parking lot at 4 pm and spotting a very attractive woman wearing a nice black sweater dress and high boots...urinating in the parking lot. Red undies by her boots and her boyfriend watching. Then I saw her inside later...really, couldn't wait for a restroom? I stood in line for a taste of a lovely Belgium beer and these guys just cut & pushed me and a friend aside. Hello - uh, excuse me. A guy went to spit in a trash can and missed and I got a little on my 7 jeans - super gross seeing as I am a bit of a germ freak. He did say, oh, sorry. Ugh. I've noticed all over town, people don't hold the doors open for people anymore, they bust in a door without letting someone leave first and no one lets a lady order first anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I am not a hopeless romantic. In fact, I've become quite cynical lately even stating I don't know why people get married anymore, what are the benefits? That is a whole other blog though...I just think manners would be nice and make this town a little more pleasant.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Urinating in public? That's so gross.

Maybe I'm naive, but I don't think manners are dead. I'm teaching my son to hold the door for people, my kids to say "please," "thank you," and "excuse me." I also can't imagine anyone I know either urinating in public or spitting, for that matter.